Saturday, June 14, 2008

Beginning

OK, this is the first day of the rest of my life. We've all heard this, but do we ever really take it to heart? It's really tough to think about the distant future (like even a year from now) when we have so much to do right now.



At the moment, I've got a dishwasher to unload then load again, a dryer to unload then load again, a washer to unload then load again, put out pre-emergent herbacide and fertilizer on the grass, mow the grass, pull weeds from the flower beds, clean out the car, get breakfast, take a shower, find father's day presents for Grandad and David, wrap those presents and more, do grocery shopping, help Willow with her summer homework, make something to take to church for lunch tomorrow, clip the dogs toenails, give the critters their monthly flea/heartworm meds, clean the aquariums and critter cages, clean the litterbox, fill the birdfeeders, and just general cleaning that must be done. And don't forget breakfast!



Who has time? It's hard to think about (much less do) the things that affect where I want to be a year from now. That would include practicing taekwondo, studying the A+ lessons to teach next week, practicing paino and/or harmonica, installing Linux on my laptop, and cooking for next week to make it easy to eat healthy low-carb. I have a headache because of the weather (but I'm not complaining about the rain since we need it). Even just getting up thinking of what all needs to be done makes me tired.



So, instead, here I am beginning a blog. That's great use of my time. NOT! But it is something that interests me, and it's something I want to do, so there! (Thumbing my nose at the world!)



I hope to update this every day or so, just as a way to journal life. Just keep in mind, it's not the journey, it's the destination. Where do you want to be? If you focus on just the journey, you wander around and never get anywhere. Where do I really want to be?

No comments: